Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To the Hospital via Victoria Park:

For six months in Santa Monica, with other Treesavers, I attempted to convince the City Council of the immense value- both psychologically and environmentally- of mature trees in an urban area. Yesterday in Bath I was reminded yet again of the truth of this concept. I had to walk to the Royal United Hospital for an appointment- a hospital that for me is an emotional place being the scene of family births and deaths. The road, however, passed Victoria Park, where many magnificent trees- particularly Oaks and Beeches- stand close to the road. Having my camera with me I was soon wonderfully excited by the beauty of these trees as I photographed them. What could have been a dreary walk along a road evolved into a highly emotive and exhilarating artistic experience- all because of the presence of these trees. And here are some of them:







No comments: