Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tulip Tree

No sooner had I settled myself in Ilford- in Eastmost London- than I had to return to Bath due to family illness. This has caused me to yet again get behind in writing about my recent exciting visual experiences. I will write more about these later but in the meantime feel compelled to share with viewers this totally magical flower I saw in Bath's Botanical Gardens, walking home from the Royal United Hospital.

This is the flower of the Tulip Tree- Liriodendron Tulipifera, a member of the Magnolia family. Apart from the trees wonderful, almost "painted" flowers, it has the most elegant leaves. It is an incredible tree- a tree to uplift one's spirits.





3 comments:

Heather said...

It's beautiful...it looks like a painting!

Wini said...

Gorgeous flower! Very beautiful and uplifting.

GILLIAN WARE said...

Thanks Heather and Wini- so good to hear from you both.