Saturday, April 16, 2011

Alicia Silverstone

Following my post on Animal Acres, I have another Vegan topic: before I left Los Angeles at the end of March Alicia Silverstone- actress and writer of The Kind Diet, a vegan Bible- came to give a talk and book signing at Santa Monica Public Library. You might wonder what this has to do with trees, but Silverstone is known to be an environmental activist and one of the aspects of the book is how vegan-ism helps with "saving the planet"...

She has a lovely personality and is a very charming, sympathetic speaker who gave an excellent talk. Here is our Vegan gang with her at the book signing, including my daughter Molly, granddaughter Violet, son-in-Law Mike and friend Lisa. It was a pity Molly's vegan dogs- Bella and Gonzo- could not be there too , but I was able to show Alicia a photo of vegan Bella on my cellphone!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Post and best of luck for your efforts. You can find more picture of Alicia Silverstone by clicking here. snapyhot has a beautiful collections of hollywood celebrities. Snapyhot has a cool collection of Alicia Silverstone.